THIS EVENT IS INVITE ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENT STAFF, PLEASE CONFIRM THE E. SMITH EMPLOYEE SPONSORING YOU AT CHECK OUT
E. SMITH MERCANTILE SUMMER RETREAT | August 12 - 14th
Welcome friends, lovers, neighbors and co-workers to the summer '16 party of the year. We're so thrilled to have you on our celebratory adventure! We've reserved a plot of land along the river at the Verlot Campground in the Snoqualmie Baker National Forest for 3 days of fun in the great outdoors.
For those of you new to the location, all you have to do is pitch your tent and fill your cup. Modern facilities are available on site for those of us who are shy to "roughing' it." Nothing a little whiskey won't handle. Ticket price includes dinner Friday and Saturday nights, breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings, full access to the outdoor bar, firewood, and riverside campsite fees. To hold your place for our 3 day extravaganza select your favorite "happy helper" activities. Your team will be assigned for you at check-in. If you're only able to join us for one night, please use discount code TARDYFORPARTY and add a note telling us when you're able to attend.
The following workshops will be offered throughout the weekend and led by "experts in the field:"
- Fly Fishing
- Trail Hike (Heather Lake, 4.6 miles roundtrip)
- Natural First Aid
- Leather Sewing
- Forest Cocktail Crafting
- Whiskey Tasting
- Nature Photography
Happy Helper Teams:
- Parking Ushers - This team will be available on site early Friday to make sure arriving guests are permitted properly and direct them to designated parking only. They will also be available throughout the weekend to greet arriving guests and assist them in parking (off-site parking may be required for late arrivals). Parking ushers will lead the packing and load-out after camp.
- Fire Duty - This team is for early risers eager to get the day going. They will be available to start the fire in the morning and will delegate members to keep the fire going in the evening and as needed for food prep.
- Camp Tender - This team will make general sweeps of the area to make sure everything is kept clean and organized, including the kitchen, bar, dining table, and dish washing station. They will tidy as necessary and collect and sort garbage, as well as carry out all trash and dispose of it accordingly.
- Prep Cook - This team will be available before all meals (Friday evening, Saturday morning, Saturday evening, and Sunday morning) to assist in meal prep. After prep, this team is responsible for all meal clean up and making tables ready for service.
- Dish Washer - This team will make sure all dishes are cleared after meals and prepare the site for cooking the next meal. A large pot of water will be put to boil before each meal. Dishes can be collected from the prep area and washing can continue through final clean up. All clean dishes will be returned to the kitchen area.
After completing your check out, watch your inbox for a welcome packet that will include directions to the site, pack lists, schedules and special treats!! Registration closes August 5th, please make sure to get everyone in your party singed up before then. Thanks!!
**Photos courtesy of Ben Lindbloom Photography